The establishment of our diversity and inclusivity committee, with our managing director as the chair has been a majorm milestone with representation from different divisions, locations and levels of our organisation.
The diversity agenda has been an important development in our sustainability journey in 11/12 as we recognise that by embracing diversity we have access to and will be a stronger organisation as a result of the positive impacts the different experiences, knowledge, ideas, perspectives and leadership styles can and will provide. We have facilitated leadership dialogue so that we can explore what diversity means for our business. This discussion will continue in 12/13 so that our position on diversity can be defined and shared with all of our people.
A notable achievement during this year has been the establishment of our diversity and inclusivity office. There is now an officer responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of our program. The establishment of our diversity and inclusivity committee, with our managing director as the chair has also been a major milestone with representation from different divisions, locations and levels of our organisation.
Key milestones achieved:
- Establishment of the contact officer’s network with
- training of contact officers in each of our locations.
- Gender based pay equity review conducted.
- Improvement in score in engagement question around
diversity from 77 percent to 79 percent.
- Review of parental leave processes and benefits.
- Roll out of Respect — a program designed to educate
our workforce on appropriate workplace behaviour and conduct.
Key next steps:
- Revise parental leave benefit.
- Ongoing projects as identified by diversity
- and inclusivity steering committee.
- Women’s network and mentoring review.
- Ongoing work with the executive leadership team
- and management around diversity focus.
- Management education process.
- Ongoing reporting of diversity progress.
- Review of human resources policy.